Windows 10 keeps disconnecting from wifi when no internet access

I can barely use Windows 10 with wifi controlled devices (things such as wifi controlled audio mixers), where they use their own wifi hotspot. Because they use their own wifi hotspot and don't have access to the internet, there of course isn't any actual internet access, but Windows is really stubburn and insists on disconnecting and would rather be connected to nothing than to be connected to my audio mixer. This makes using Windows 10 for controlling the audio mixer really annoying and unreliable, because I need to constantly connect back, and really not something which I find acceptable to be happening often for live audio situations. While I am on the website for mixing, things seem fine (I assume because windows seems to think it's some login page for the wifi), but as soon as I close the page, go into a different part of the page such as settings, or even just go off the browser for a small amount of time, Windows will disconnect and I need to connect back to the wifi. Only once did I have it stay connected, and it was because I closed the site that opened automatically very quickly after it open, before it had time begin loading. So, my only solution for this so far is to try closing the site very quickly after opening automatically so it stays connected, or connecting via ethernet cable, which just kinda defeats the purpose of being wireless. This is definetly a problem with windows, the other devices I have connected to the mixer (which were android) stayed connected for hours even after going off the webpage for the mixer.

My question is; is there any good way to stop Windows from disconnecting from wifi when it sees that there is no internet access? And I am also curious as to why this is a feature. I can't see any situation where this would be helpful to people, if they want to disconnect they can disconnect manually.
|
Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your Wifi connection.
I have something here for you that might help fix the problem. Please check this link for full instructions on how to get this fixed:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/...

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Louie

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Louie, you either have not read the post or, sir, i regret to inform that you are suffering from a mental handicap. DID YOU READ THE POST? Then why the **** do you paste unrelated ****? Even your response is copy pasted... you should be banned from ever replying on answers.microsoft.com....

83 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2021 Views 1,066 Applies to: