Windows 10 Install Fail

Well after successfully upgrading to Windows 10 Pro just only one time upon its initial release,  now it seems pretty much impossible to upgrade again, every time it attempts to install updates while upgrading, it just fails ! 

after every failed install, i have needed to factory reset my computer 5 times now, which restores me back to Windows 7, then i need to reinstall Windows 8

so definitely not worth the pain in the ass anymore.. just cant believe Microsoft is actually making new users buy Windows 10 now, thats pretty cheezy !.. 

Hi John,

The error code indicates that a rollback occurred due to a driver configuration issue. Installation failed during the second boot phase while attempting the MIGRATE_DATA operation. This can occur due to incompatible drivers.

Outdated and incompatible device drivers are known to work against the methods that Windows 10 follows. In most cases, this issue can be resolved by just obtaining the latest version of that driver from the device manufacturer. Check if your device drivers are updated, and if they're not, we suggest that you download and install the latest version of the drivers. Then, proceed to installation.

You can read more about resolving Windows 10 upgrade errors here.

Keep us in the loop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That's the whole problem my friend, my drivers are fine..  its Windows Update that always attempts to install its own driver updates.. unless that update process gets taken out, Windows 10 is not installing properly..

like i said, i managed to successfully install Windows 10 one time, before any Creator Updates were released..  but of course, as soon as Windows starts updating, upon rebooting it just freezes.. so at the moment Windows Update sucks.. 

tho ill bet a cracked version runs flawless !  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files 

Step 2: 

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2023 Views 460 Applies to: