Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Original Title: showing lock screen instead of login

Installed Win 10-full install not an upgrade. After the installation and setting up my Microsoft account, I notice when I log back in, instead of giving me a login screen it shows a lock screen. It just sits until I hit another key to bring up the login screen. Is there a way to go straight to the login in screen, I don't see the point in having the screen because you have to login first. I have not installed any other programs yet, and it's not affecting anything but giving me an extra step in signing in. What setting can I change so that it goes straight to the login screen on start up?

thx

Answer
Answer

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer? 

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that Do not display the lock screen option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2024 Views 13,087 Applies to: