Windows 10 Home Version Changed to Windows 10 Pro in the Insider Preview

My laptop initially ran on the Windows 10 Home Version (upgraded from Windows 8.1) and i'm also a part of the Windows Insider Program. But I've been receiving Insider Preview builds for the Windows 10 Pro Version, not the Home Version and there appears to be a Product Key Mismatch between the Home and Pro versions (Error Code: 0xC004F074). So i am prompted to Activate Windows all the time. How do i get back to Windows Home ? I cannot risk going through a fresh windows 10 installation or losing all my work related application programs and data. What do i do? Do let me know please. Here's a screenshot of the error dialogue. Thank you in advance!!

try activating it with the generic insiders key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

if you cease to be an insider you will probably have to reinstall home, as that was the license that was upgraded.

however with this " I cannot risk going through a fresh windows 10 installation or losing all my work related application programs and data." you should not be running insider builds on that device.

the warnings against running insider builds on production machines and the risk of data loss are repeated a number of times in the insider program documentation, which you read and agreed to.

a fresh install of the released version of home is what you have to do if you cannot take the risks involved with running beta software

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

In case i continue with the generic insiders key, what happens to my actual, genuine Windows 10 Home Product Key? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

And the generic insiders key doesn't seem to work out either. its unable to Activate Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

your device will remain digitally entitled to windows home, so when you quit the insider program and reinstall home it will activate automatically.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry my mistake, that key may have been deactivated.

I'm afraid you may have to reinstall home.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 29, 2019 Views 293 Applies to: