Windows 10 hangs on login screen

Hi, I have been using windows 10 since it came out in august, till now it was working fine but recently I have been having problem during start up.

At the login screen, my windows hangs, and then I have to hard reboot it, using the power button, and after that it works perfectly, and then the next time I shut it down normally. When I restart it the next day, same problem, and then I have to reboot again. This thing has been happening over a week, and constantly searching on the net had provided me no help uptil now.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Archit,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (like printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then try to boot the computer and check.

Method 2: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help, but it is no longer neccessory.

I updated all my drivers as well as my windows, and now most of my problems are solved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had a similar problem, but it was hanging after log in. WiFi router was working but internet was down, but computer said internet connected. I restarted router, computer said network limited and sprang into life. I suspect it was hanging because it was trying to connect to the internet which was impossible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello James,

Thank you for your suggestion. We appreciate you for this effort.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.                      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2022 Views 4,243 Applies to: