Windows 10 hang at welcome screen

My laptop was automatically update the MCAFee antivirus to a newer version. I was told to restart and after restarted, my laptop couldn't logon to dekstop. I can't even enter my password to use my laptop.  It stuck at this screen. Usually when I press space bar on the keyboard it will automatically direct me to enter my password, however, this time I couldn't even enter the screen to keyin my password. 

Hope anyone can suggest me a solution for this issue. Thank you in advanced.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with starting up your computer is due to a software conflict between your Windows 10 OS and with the recent installed update of McAfee. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you start your device in safe mode by following the steps on this link. if the steps on the link provided would still not allow you to boot in safe mode, we encourage you to contact the device manufacturer to have a better assistance on how to start your PC in safe mode.

Note: Instructions on how to start your PC in safe mode is depends in the make and model of your device.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 962 Applies to: