Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on, and the Windows Update screen (under Settings> Updates & Security) is still installing at 96%, which is the exact number I saw over an hour ago. Are you stuck? Why does it take so long to install? My internet is fast enough, I don't have many programs installed.

I'm afraid if I close it and reset the Windows update it will take more than 5 hours again. What can I

do in this case.

Hi, I'm Ana M. I would love to help you today.

If you have problems in a Windows update, follow these steps: If you have a third-party antivirus, you will need to remove it.

You can update manually, just download the updated ISO.

When updating with the ISO, disconnect the Internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Here you will find detailed information to be able to update manually.

https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Update first will be downloaded and then install.

At the first , you perform the download and it might took some time and now when it done, then there is the installation.

Installation don't required any internet connection and you may disconnect from internet if you want to.

I suggest to wait for a while.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2023 Views 1,148 Applies to: