Windows 10 Event ID 29 windows fails to startup first time

I have a start-up problem with Windows 10 Pro.

I receive the following message in the event viewer:

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.

This was an upgrade from W7 which produced many errors and originally said it could not upgrade due to an incompatible video card.

Card is NVidia GeForce 7600GT (I installed the driver for Windows 8 which displayed fine)

I then did a reset install which removed all programs and re installed from scratch and all errors went except for this one.

On starting the machine up it goes to the blue windows logo and the circle spins once then goes to a blank screen for a minute then it re-boots again and then goes in fine.

Could anyone help please

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2019 Views 3,002 Applies to:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

How did you upgrade to Windows 10 - Windows Update or with Media Creation tool?

You might have to boot from the installation media and run a Startup repair. Follow the instructions on Windows 10 Software Download page to create media: http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

After creating the media, boot the computer from the medium and then try the following method to perform a Startup Repair in Windows 10. 

1. Contact the computer manufacturer to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 10 installation disk.
  2. In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.
  3. Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.
  4. From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.
  5. Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.
  6. In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Startup Repair”.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Startup Repair.

Check if you are able to successfully boot the system.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.