Windows 10 Dynamic lock with iPhone

Hey. There was another post about this, but it was posted two years ago, so I figured I'd ask again, since Windows is always updating and changing.

I know the app (who's name escapes me at the moment) that allows you to send and recieve phone calls and text messages on your PC is currently only compatible with Android phones, but does Dynamic lock work with iPhones? I tried this about a year and a half ago and initially it seemed to work, but every time i would come back, it said there was something wrong with the paired device. I decide to ask about it this time so I don't waste my time figuring it out, lol

Also, somewhat unrelated side note: is Authenticator supposed to time-out really quickly? Whenever I sign into my microsoft account it sends a request to Authenticator but it times out before I even unlock my phone. Is that normal?

Edit:

just to clarify, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and I have an iPhone 7

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi tyler.nic7,

Good day! This is Jhakesong an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to assist you with this.

There is Continue on PC for IOS devices but it is pretty limited compared to Your Phone for android.

Reference article: https://www.guidingtech.com/link-microsoft-your...

Dynamic lock doesn't really work well on IOS devices at the moment. Pairing is the usual issue.

For your Authenticator question. Microsoft Authenticator will allow you 30secs only for the code and there is no setting to prolong it. You can open the app first, then make your code request so you are not affected by the time constraint.

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 3,569 Applies to: