Windows 10 drivers unavailable for printer device (Canon Pixma MP460)

My Windows 10 set up keeps telling I need a driver for my pixma MP460 scanner/printer (never been a problem before) but Canon keeps saying there is no driver for 10.  Help?? Anyone, please.

Original title: Windows 10 / Canon Pixma MP460 issues

Answer
Answer

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We understand the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Please be informed, Windows contains generic drivers for many different types of hardware connected to your computer. Windows releases drivers based on manufacturer's release addressing Windows 10 compatible device drivers. So, the default drivers Microsoft provides are stripped down and a bit older, but they’re written by your device manufacturer and not Microsoft themselves.

Please follow the  below suggested methods nd check if it helps.

Method 1

Check for Windows update to look for latest drivers for devices installed in your computer through Device Manager settings.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

For more helpful in-depth details on updating drivers, visit to the below Microsoft Help Article written by one of our MVPs, Andre da Costa.

Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2

If it still does not help and you have the existing drivers for the printer device you are referring to, you can try to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps. follow the below steps.

1. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and right click, then select Properties.
2. Select Compatibility Tab.
3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system

accordingly from the drop down list.
4. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps. But still, I suggest you to check with the printer manufacturer if the make and model of the printer you are using is still compatible to work with Windows 10.

Thank you.

48 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 38,822 Applies to: