Windows 10 Drivers for periferals

Hi,

I recently got my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit SP 1 updated free to Windows 10 Pro 32 bit by Microsoft.

But to my horror I found the OS is not recognizing the following peripherals which were working perfectly in Windows 7, are not recognized by Windows 10.

I searched the net, Windows forum and every where but could not locate any source to download drivers for my following peripherals to work with Windows 10 OS.

1)  My display adapter card by Asus ATI Radeon series X300 / X550 / X1050.

2)  My negative scanner by Konica Minolta, Model Dimage Dual Scan IV.

3)  My HD PVR Haupauge 1212.

Shall remain grateful for any useful help or suggestion. Otherwise I have no option but to revert back to Windows 7 SP 1.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. This issue usually arises due to outdated drivers. You may try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows. To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2: Update Drivers

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

If you are unable to find the drivers for Windows 10, you may try to install the drivers in compatibility mode with Windows 8.1. 

Firstly download the driver from hardware manufacturer's website and then install it. 

Refer (Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows 

Note: This link also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Regards,
Sahil Bali

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

when you update the operating system to a new one, there is a new core with new environment. It should not be able working with the old drivers (or it would work but with some of them). Please try to install them in Compatibility mode or try to get new drivers from the webpage from the hardware producer for Windows 10.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sir,

I am with computers right from 1986. I went through different versions of DOS, all versions of Windows right from Windows 3.1. also I worked in Unix platform on work stations since I am a Mechanical Engineer and designer of machinery using CAD and Finite element analysis software like Ansys. So I am not new to computer hardware, software or OS. I have changed my hardware 10 times in last 16 years.

I have gone through all the steps mentioned in your reply before I posted this question. The drivers are simply not available, yet. May be the manufacturers of the hardware mentioned in my mail will be kind enough to provide drivers for their earlier products at some later date or some third party enthusiast will write the drivers for people like us. I neither have the time nor I am that young now to delve into such details.

It is not possible to go on changing all hardware peripherals like, scanners, negative scanners, laser printers, high-end display adapters every time Microsoft updates their OS sometimes without backwards compatibility. It is very unfortunate and a reason for annoyance of their customers.

Thank you anyway for your prompt response.

With kind regards -

Ranabir Ghosh

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

It sounds nice the period you are working with computers.

Checking the compatibility lists for all devices should be the first step when you prepare to move to the next OS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make your Minolta "DIMAGE Scan Dual IV" Driver and Software work with Windows 10, Mac OS X and Linux

I am so happy to have my "DIMAGE Scan Dual IV" working again and it was so easy. The bad part is it will cost you $89.00 but on the bright side, when you download the free software you can see if your scanner is working then pay the $89.00 for the professional version. It gets better! You can use their program or the one that came with your scanner, that's right it will now start working too.

Happy Scanning,

RON

Sorry I almost forgot. Here is the link.

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/minolta_scan_dual_iv.html#

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try this procedure:

http://roy.vanegas.org/thoughts/how-i-installed-the-konica-minolta-dimage-scan-dual-iv-in-windows-10/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 3,233 Applies to: