Windows 10: Display Font size is too big

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS.  The fonts and text on my display and in the menu bar of my main apps is suddenly too large.  They overlap each other making them hard to read and take up alot of screen space.  The section of the display settings where you used to be able to scale your text and icons individually is now gone from my menu, but it seems to be stuck at something more than 100% and I can't find anywhere else to adjust it.

the text within the programs themselves are still the correct size, and the icons can be adjusted normally.

Hi Mark,

What's the current build and version of your Windows 10 computer? If you've recently installed an update, the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items should still be available. See the photo below:

However, if you don't see this option, please send us a screenshot of your Display settings so we can look into it. Kindly include as well the build and version of your Windows 10. To check, please type in winver on Cortana search and press Enter.

There's also a possibility that your screen has been zoomed. Please try to press the Windows key + - (minus sign) and see if the display size returned to normal.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 11, 2024 Views 24,018 Applies to: