I save some file to desktop

after one hour

every thing in my desktop is deleted

I  think that I was delete them by mistake

but I try save another files and windows delete them after 5 minitues

????

solution ??? recover ??

I need the argent please

no virus- no malware - I have clean desktop and scanned from viruses .

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that after upgrading the computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you lost the data from desktop and the data that you saved. I will certainly help you in fixing this issue.

I understand the tough situation in which you are right now.

I would like to inform you that normally upgrade to Windows 10 operating system does not cause any data loss. However if you are not able to recover your data, Please try to find the data in the file location by following below steps:

1. Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
  2. Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
  3. Click on Users, select your User name
  4. Go to desktop folder
  5. Now try to find your data which was saved on desktop
  6. If you find the data, copy and paste it on the desktop

Note: Please do not make any changes to any files under Windows.old folder. Making any changes to Windows.old folder will lead to not being able to rollback to previous operating system. This folder is automatically removed after first 31 days of upgrade to Windows 10.

If still you do not find the data then you may roll back Windows 10 operating system to previous operating system with all your data and settings back. Please follow the steps mentioned in below Microsoft article

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-recover-a-previous-builds-or-your-original/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b

Note: It is strongly recommended to backup all your important data sufficiently before initiating any Windows rollback or recovery option.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards

Regards

Neha

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2023 Views 40,644 Applies to: