Windows 10 -Create Recovery Partition on the same HDD

Hello!

I want to make a Recovery partition of Windows 10 on the same HDD

I have :C  |  :D  |  :E - partitions on one HDD. On :C partition is the Windows 10 * installed . And partition :E i want to make it as a Recovery partition for bad days if anything go bad .

How can i make this without using any external CD/DVDs or USBs.?

I know i seen this on some computers and Notebooks. They have a Recovery partition on their computer.

Any information is apreciated.

Hi Benyamin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

If Windows 10 was preinstalled on your computer and it’s an OEM copy you would be having a recovery partition on your hard drive. You cannot assign the partition according to your partition. To create the system image you have to type “Recovery” on the Search bar and select Recovery. Then select “Create a recovery drive” and follow the on screen instructions.

It is recommended to create a System recovery drive on an external hard disk or drive. Refer the below link for instructions to create a recovery drive on a USB drive.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,
Pawan Dhondiyal
Microsoft Community

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I know about "standard" recovery with USB and CD/DVD. I  was interested in making a similar one like on OEMs of preinstalled computers, without using any 3rd party softwares.

Thanks!

Hope my little knowledge of the important things of the universe might help you thru your problems.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10, under "Can i go back to my old operating system", "Note: If the manufacturer set up your PC to run from a compressed Windows image file (also known as Windows image file boot or WIMBoot) and included the option to restore factory settings, that option will no longer be available after you upgrade to Windows 10." 

it will create a 450 MB 
recovery partition after upgrading to Windows 10, but that's for Windows recovery options. I know how to make a similar one like on OEMs of preinstalled computers with third party software, but without......

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 102,566 Applies to: