Windows 10 - Cannot activate

Hello,

I had a valid license for a few years (Upgraded from Windows 8).  Recently, I re-installed windows because of hard-drive problems.  My windows is now deactivated and I cannot activate.  When I try to troubleshoot (Feature available from today's update) I get the following message:

I tried using Media Creation Tool to try and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (Without N) but I don't get that option.  When I choose "Upgrade this PC" it says that it will install Windows 10 Pro N (Which I already have), and if I choose the option to download windows for another PC, there are no Pro versions listed.  At this point I am also willing to purchase a windows 10 home license but I don't know if I will lose my files when downgrading.

I appreciate your help,

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Answer
Answer

The Media Creation Tool does give you the option:

Download the Media Creation Tool Now

Right click the MediaCreationTool.exe file then click Run as administrator.

Note: How to verify if you downloaded or installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Select the option Upgrade this PC now if you want to upgrade right away, of if you want to download a ISO image or create a bootable copy on a USB thumb drive, choose Create installation media for another PC then click Next

If you want to download a particular edition or both architectures, uncheck the Use the recommended option for this PC.

Click in the Edition list box, choose your edition then click Next.

• Windows 10 - contains Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Education editions.
  • Windows 10 Home Single Language - only select this edition if you are running Windows 10 Single Language, Windows 8 Single Language or Windows 8.1 with Bing.
  • Windows 10 N - only select this edition if you reside in Europe, it does not contain Windows Media Player. It contains Windows 10 Home N, Windows 10 Pro N and Windows 10 Education N.

Please read the following: Fix Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Defaulting to Home Instead of Pro

Learn more: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-download-official-windows-10-iso-files/35cde7ec-5b6f-481c-a02d-dadf465df326

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2019 Views 341 Applies to: