Windows 10 Blue Screen when watching YouTube

I am trying to enjoy YouTube without being pissed off but I cannot watch YouTube without one single blue screen. This is so annoying and I cannot deal with this unacceptable ****. All I get is a bad_pool_header and I cannot enjoy YouTube at all!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

Try to put the computer in clean boot state to make sure that third party applications are not interfering with the videos and verify if it works.

Method: 1

Clean boot:

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.
a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

Method: 2

The issue could be if the Display drivers are not working as expected in the new operating system. The issue might arise due to drivers' incompatibility with Windows 10. In the first place, I would suggest you to refer to the following wiki article by Andre Da Costa to install drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I figured it out. Windows Update was trying to update a driver but failed and caused a blue screen. The update still fails but no blue screen. It was trying to update my synaptics driver.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured it out. Windows Update was trying to update a driver but failed and caused a blue screen. The update still fails but no blue screen. It was trying to update my synaptics driver.

Similar issue might be, and might be W10 specific:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/cannot-watch-youtube/7a6b687f-7510-4131-96d9-d597220feb91

Tibor

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2023 Views 17,247 Applies to: