Windows 10 Blue Screen Crash! VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

I get this error when I use the program, Open Broadcaster Software, also called OBS.

-What is OBS? Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming

It varies when it occurs. I've been able to use the program for an hour without anything happening, but on some occasions it occurs after fifteen minutes. I've seen a post on another website telling me to uninstall my driver for my video card. It may solve the problem but. I only have one video card. Anyway, I just want to know the cause of this error, it has only happened when I have had Windows 10. 

Here's a picture of the error

potato quality :'(

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps: 

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

3. Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.

4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2023 Views 1,334 Applies to: