Windows 10 Automatically activated

i had come across the question like same of mine i too have the same issue i tried reinstalling os and again and again nothing happened always it asks for a product key while i install but after booting in i see my windows activated with the digital license 
if i could get a clear reply i would be really helpful
Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you.

Your Microsoft Account becomes digitally linked to your copy of Windows 10 on that specific computer after you first sign in when you get your computer.

If at some point you have to reinstall Windows 10, even from an ISO image, if it asks you to enter a product key, just click “I don’t have a product key”. The installation will still continue and self-activate afterwards.

As long as your Windows 10 is digitally linked to your Microsoft Account, as soon as you sign into your account and go online after installation, Windows 10 will self-activate for you.

The license you have is an OEM license that is non-transferrable to another computer. It is specifically linked to that computer and your Microsoft Account.

I hope this explains the procedure.

Kindest regards,

Neil
Neil :)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

dude if i didnt sign in with micrsoft acc also it activates with digital license if i sign in with any acc it links it with why i dunno also i didnt buy any key i just used some keys on google to check but in that one key is activating for me always

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is normal. When you buy a computer with Windows 10 already installed, you have what is called an OEM version (Original Equipment Manufacturer version). You don't get a physical serial key that is transferable to another computer and the version of Windows 10 is locked to the computer you buy it on.

The key is tied to the computer, so whenever you go online it will be activated.

The only time you may run into trouble is if you have to change a major piece of hardware, like the motherboard, which will change the digital hardware ID fingerprint of the computer, and then it may not recognise the Windows 10 with that computer (thinking it is a different computer because of the hardware change).

In this instance, having your Microsoft account tied to the computer is beneficial as you can go through a process to get the computer activated again by telling Microsoft you had to change a significant piece of hardware.

I hope this explains why the computer is always activated when you go online.
Neil :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

anything can i do without changing any hardware or by changing ram slots

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can i replace this with a original genuine oem oe retail key

Im ready to buy which is solves this problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 686 Applies to: