Windows 10 August 2, 2016 Anniversary Update NOT SHOWING UP IN WINDOWS UPDATE And Windows 10 Version 1511 Says Windows IS UP-TO-DATE!

I've pretty much decided to give up on these forums because every time I ever offer help or even post anything I have been the one mistreated, harassed and disrespected by everyone especially Microsoft MVP's here and that is just totally 100% unacceptable because everything I am always posting is based on 100% observations and facts from not just myself but other Windows 10 users as well.

With that said, this post ISN'T for ANY Microsoft MVP's on these forums but for all Windows 10 users that are having problems with Windows 10 and have always had problems with Windows 10 since July 2015 that Microsoft has never acknowledged or ever fixed with Windows 10 whatsoever and this threads' topic gets right into one of those such issues: IMPORTANT UPDATES NEVER SHOWING UP IN WINDOWS UPDATE AND WINDOWS 10'S WINDOWS UPDATE SAYING YOUR COMPUTER IS IN FACT UP-TO-DATE WHEN IT REALLY TRULY ISN'T!

Since August 2, 2016 when I heard about the Windows 10 Anniversary Update being released by Microsoft for Windows 10 I have been constantly checking to see if its available or if it has even been automatically downloaded and ready to be installed and every time (including today) it hasn't EVER BEEN AVAILABLE WHATSOEVER! I will in fact be proving this with the following screenshots taken from my Windows 10 HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC that used to be Windows 7 Home Premium up until August 2015, which after a week of Windows 10 running fine I had then gotten: "Critical Error: Start Menu and Cortana Aren't Working. We'll try fixing it for you the next time you log in." I got no help from Microsoft whatsoever on this error and eventually fixed it myself and after a few months NEVER saw it again and only a few times after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1511 did I see a variation of that exact same error that didn't show the error message. Still Microsoft Edge crashes at times and after it crashes it takes out the Start Menu as well as Windows Update and many other stock Windows 10 apps and programs but I have discovered my own ways around these problems, ways other people with the exact same problems use as well.

Now with all of that back information stated I will get on to the topic at hand and the reason for this posting/thread:

Ever since Windows 10 was supposed to have an Anniversary Update on August 2, 2016, this so-called Anniversary Update IS NOT SHOWING UP IN WINDOWS UPDATE and Windows Update in Windows 10 Version 1511 keeps saying every single day that Windows IS UP-TO-DATE!

Here is screenshotted proof that this is 100% the case taken today directly after yet again Running Windows Update and getting the message that Windows is Up-To-Date. I have also included proof of what updates are installed and the last Windows 10 Updates were installed on to my computer on July 14, 2016 and nothing since then whatsoever!

Screenshot 1: Windows Update Says My Windows 10 Version 1511 is Up-To-Date - Yet I Don't Even Have The Anniversary August 2, 2016 Update!

Screenshot 2: Proof I Don't Have The Windows 10 August 2, 2016 Anniversary Update For Windows 10!

Screenshot 3: I Did A Google Search Today (8/9/2016) About This Update & It Brought Me Here To This Microsoft Page Where You Can Manually Download It! This is How It Seems I'm Going To Have To Acquire This Update And Apparently This Is How Many Windows 10 Users Are Going To Have To Get It!

Here is the URL To This Page So You To Can Easily Download This Windows 10 Anniversary Update That You Should Have Automatically Gotten Through Windows Update But If You Are Like Me, You Didn't!: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with Windows 10 update. I will surely help you.

Please let us know, have you tried resetting the update component, mentioned in the previous thread?

I suggest you to reset the Windows component, please refer to the below link to Reset Windows update components. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty while updating Windows 10. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2019 Views 3,079 Applies to: