Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

Hello,

I have 2 laptops joined to Azure using my outlook.com email.

My outlook.com had 2FA setup, since updating to 20h2 one of the laptops started asking for 2FA during login, second laptop doesnt do that.

Has something changed in 20h2 in terms of login? I dont want to use 2FA when accessing my laptop as it takes much longer.

Is there any way to switch this Azure authentication off without removing laptop from Azure account?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you don’t want the Two Factor Authentication to be On for your PC.

In this scenario, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in Azure Forum where you will find professionals with expertise on Windows 10 and Azure and that would be the appropriate forum.

However, you may also refer this article for more help: Change your two-factor verification method and settings

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hello,

but this is a consumer prodcut, joined to MS consumer cloud account, it may not be an azure, but I dont know how MS calls consumer service.

Martin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Martin, and for which 2FA computer asks? To verify Authenticator on phone, reply text message or asking for PIN on computer itself?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have it set up using MS authenticator app right now - so when I allow  -it lets me in.

I did some troubleshooting and yesterday and removed 2fa from my outlook.com account.

However Windows instead of asking for password like with a standard windows 10 login, gives be an option to sign in - when I click sign in link - Microsoft online window opens every time. After entering password it works fine.

now the entire login process takes over a minute.

I removed online account - and re add it to Windows - but it didnt make any difference

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2022 Views 1,593 Applies to: