Windows 10 and Malwarebytes and CCleaner

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have had a few little issues which seem to be fixed (i'm in no way technical)! When running Windows 7 I installed Malwarebytes and CCleaner. Do I still need these with Windows 10?

Hi Colin,

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Also it is not suggested to use the Registry cleaning applications. Refer to this link for more information about these registry cleaners.

Are registry cleaners necessary?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows/are-registry-cleaners-necessary#1TC=windows-7

Hope the information provided is useful.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Babu.

A few more queries if you don't mind.

I have tried switching defender on but it won't work. I then uninstalled Malwarebytes and CCleaner and it still doesn't work. After reading your reply about virus protection does this mean I do not need the free AVG anti virus I have been using, and is it this that prevents Defender from working? Sorry to be a pain I am not very computer savvy but am trying to improve :-).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes it does mean that, running 2 virus protectors at once can cancel each other out

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have used the free versions of Malwarebytes, and CCleaner for years from Windows XP to Windows 10. Malwarebytes has saved my computer so many times where Windows Defender has not found malware. I often wonder if Windows  Defender works because it has never caught malware in the 7 plus years I've been using it. CCleaner is awesome. it cleans my computer and keeps it running fast. If I were not disabled I would buy the premium versions of both these products. Malwarebytes even supports it's free version. I just wish I could return the favor because both programs have helped me protect my computer, and I would urge you to use, and buy the premium versions of both Malwarebytes, and CCleaner. These are necessary tools for your computer. Do not listen to anyone who says Windows  Defender is all you need for protection of your computer. Never download any other programs, these companies are the real deal. Use them yourself and find out. If you can afford the premium versions get them. I have used the trials, and you get much more then the free versions. I recommend these programs because they have helped me save my computer many times. Buy the premium versions because I've tried them, and they are so worth it. Microsoft should include these programs. Thank you Malwarebytes.org, and Pitform !!!

Dug -  daily computer user and convinced these Programs will help you protect, and clean your computer. I have tried practically every other programs that say they do the same things to protect your computer, but I have found these will help from the IT person to the regular consumer. Buy the premium versions please because I owe them so much for offering free versions, and they do more, and work much faster.. Experienced user. thank you Malwarebytes, and CCleaner, please keep offering free versions for people like me who can't afford your premium versions. What gracious companies. I am only trying to sell you on buying these products because I feel guilty using the free versions, and want to help them...

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 3,962 Applies to: