Windows 10 / All functions extremely slow

My laptop - Lenovo Ideapad 330S with Windows 10 installed - has suddenly slowed down to the point that launching any software or program or even just booting my desktop has come near to impossible.

When I start my laptop, even the login page transition is slowed down and takes a few extra seconds for me to log in. Then, black screen until my cursor appears, desktop, icons etc. This process takes minutes and still doesn't help for things to load properly as it running any app takes an excruciating long time and sometimes ends up failing. No error message shows up, it just won't start.

I'm guessing I have corrupted something one way or another. I have already run a full antivirus - malware scan and unistalled recent software, went back to a system restore point, scanned my disk... None of these seemed to have helped.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

Try to disable all startup apps in Task manager to isolate the issue whether an app or possibly a virus is auto-starting on Windows causing the issue.

You can also do an in-place upgrade repair to reinstall and repair the whole Windows operating system without deleting any apps or files. Follow these links for the guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BWh0YRmnT8

The link to the software used in the video

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

If the issue will still persists after that, I suggest backing up your important files and then doing a full factory reset on Windows using the Cloud download option to fully refresh the system. Follow this link for the guide. Do note that if you have backed up your files already, you can select remove everything on the reset process instead of keep my files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/giv...

Update me on the results afterward.

Regards.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before downloading and installing it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your suggestions. I forgot to mention but I have already tried disabling all startups apps (except for the audio driver) to no luck.

Running CCleaner, I found out a script related to a software I have recently installed was starting up with no permission and I unistalled it, but again got nothing out of it.

One more thing I think is worth mentioning is that the laptop is incredibly slow even if started in safe mode with no network.

I'm going to try the in-place upgrade repair next. I'm a bit disheartened though - I think this may be beyond anything I can do.

Please let me know if the new info may be of any extra help.

Best,

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again. It seems the system might be corrupted. You can try the in-place upgrade repair but note that if that will not resolve the issue, you may need to do a full factory reset to fully refresh the Windows operating system.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 24,542 Applies to: