Windows 10 all apps and browser gone.

Original Title: win 10 crash

Win 10 has been running since upgrading at offer.

This am it booted just fine, opened programs as usual. Then all of a sudden it wiped out my desktop.  Rebooted, got login screen logged in, am now at windows screen with all apps, browsers etc gone. Only thing on desktop is recycle bin. Can open task manager but no access to net or what is loaded.

Answer
Answer

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. 

I understand that all you apps and browser have vanished. I am glad to assist you.

Share this information to assist you better.

1. Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
2. Are you getting any error message when you try to launch the Store app?
3. Do you use any third party security program on your computer?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Temporarily disable the third party security program. (If you have installed any)

If you have installed any third party security program, then I request you to contact its technical support to temporarily disable the program and then check the issue.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) Type "Wsreset.exe" and press Enter.

Note: When you reset Windows store, all the apps in the windows store will get refreshed.

Method 3: Perform System Restore from Advanced Options screen.

Follow the steps :

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Select System Restore.

System Restore will turn back time for your PC: while your documents and files will always remain.

You can also refer to the article mentioned below for more information.

What happened to the apps on my PC? (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-happened-apps-pc

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

For any issues related with Windows, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2022 Views 898 Applies to: