Windows 10 Activation using KMS server

Windows 10 activation is not working with our KMS onsite server.  It does work with our older Dell systems that came preloaded with a OEM 8.1 license.  Our new Dell systems that come with Windows 10 OEM license fails.  We receive the following error:  0xC004C003.  We can't seem to solve it.  Any ideas?
Did you reimage the machines with a volume license copy of Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise volume license clients in order to reach the KMS? I am not aware of OEM licenses ever being activated by a KMS server. In fact, OEM Windows 8.1 Pro licenses would first have to reimaged with a volume license image first.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

We re-image all the machines.  We had no issues with Windows 7, even new Dells.  For Windows 10, we have no issues on the older models, just the new ones.  

If we use  ShowKeyPlus application, we can see the original OEM licenses, which was my comment.  Machines that have an OEM license with 8.1, we can re-image and the KMS server is fine.  If the OEM license was Windows 10, we receive an error.  The code is 0xC004C003.  Right now, our work around is to use the MAK license file.

Bryan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I remember I had come across an article a couple years ago approaching the Windows 10 launch about updating your KMS environment to support Windows 10 clients. I just found it, might be something you want to review to see if it provides any clues as to what might be preventing those machines from activating:

https://blog.workinghardinit.work/2015/08/12/find-and-update-your-kms-service-host-key-to-activate-windows-10/

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Andre,

I did struggle to get the right keys until I found a similar article, and downloaded the KMS right key.  Until I did this, I received an error when I ran slmgr.vbs /ipk <KMS key>.

When I run slmgr.vbs /dlv command, I do get the right output:

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMS_2012-R2_WIN10 channel

I believe this could have been an issue, but it is not what is happening to us.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2020 Views 2,847 Applies to: