Windows 10 activation status after going back from 11 (after 10 day window)

i bought my laptop when i did, and have stayed on 10, because of the mandatory Secure Boot for Windows 11 since dual boot is important for my needs.

my question is, if i go beyond the built-in option's time limit for going back to Windows 11 and reinstall 10 using the official Windows 10 tool, will my original license for 10 still be valid for 10, or will it become exclusively a Windows 11 key

|
Hi, I am Van. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Yes, it is valid, and you can use the original license to activate Windows 10 of the same edition.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to assist.
Van S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I am Van. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Yes, it is valid, and you can use the original license to activate Windows 10 of the same edition.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to assist.

another question, would i be able to install Windows 10 side by side with 11, using the original key for both (and of course on the original laptop the key is issued to)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is possible to install both operating systems on your device. However, only one of them will be activated.
Van S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you buy it with Windows 11 and clean install Windows 10 or did you buy it with Windows 10 and have not yet upgraded to Windows 11?

If it came with Windows 10 there is no limit to the upgrade to Windows 11 only if you upgrade then want to go back to Windows 10.

You can dual boot Windows 10 and 11 (depending on available drive capacity) and I believe both will be activated. However switching between to two may mess up the record with the activation server and yo could get activation errors on either. The fact that the licence from the manufacturer is embedded in the bios should mean it sorts itself out but you may still see activation errors.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it is and has been on Windows 10, my primary concern is whether or not an original Windows 10 license remains valid for Windows 10 after having used the official Windows 11 upgrade, should i choose to manually revert to 10 in the future (after their official timeframe to revert from within 11 concludes)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 15 Applies to: