Windows 10 activation code VOLUME_MAK retail

Hello. :)

I bought a activation code from a store I installed it and it works fine.

But I saw a lot of OEM keys and such, in mine it said VOLUME_MAK channel and in configextension = retail.

I understood shorly from reading abit about VOLUME_MAK that this license is more for companys and if they disable it, it will be disabled for my computer too I don't know that's why i'm asking you.

Thank you, Daniel Mizrahi.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Daniel,

I'm Stefano, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.
The VOLUME license is for business only, so it is illegal to use on an home user computer. Also, VOLUME license will expire some day and could be reactivated only with KMS.
I suggest you to buy a proper license from Microsoft Store.

Please let me know if you need more information or help.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes it is a volume license & is illegal to use in a home PC, unscrupulous sellers purchase these license keys & sell them cheaply to innocent people who believe they’re getting a good deal.
Microsoft will eventually cancel the key & you’ll receive a message stating that you need to contact your organisations servers to reactivate the license. If you bought from eBay or a third party seller on Amazon or elsewhere then request a refund.
Virginia - Time Lady.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Yes, it is a Multiple Activation key license. It is used in organizations. Now, what happens is, If Microsoft detects that this key is misused, they can block it.

Either they can run forever or can stop working anytime.

Via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop....

Beware of Product Keys Sold Separately
With the exception of Product Key Cards (PKC’s) distributed with COA’s, Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys for sale, it’s a good indication that the keys are likely stolen or counterfeit. If you were to purchase and use a stolen or counterfeit product key to activate Windows installed on your PC, the key may not work for activation, may already be in use on another PC, or it might be blocked from use later by Microsoft when the key is reported stolen.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Yes, it is a Multiple Activation key license. It is used in organizations. Now, what happens is, If Microsoft detects that this key is misused, they can block it.

Either they can run forever or can stop working anytime.

Via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop....

Beware of Product Keys Sold Separately
With the exception of Product Key Cards (PKC’s) distributed with COA’s, Microsoft does not distribute products keys as standalone products. If you see a listing on an auction site, online classified ad, or other online page advertising product keys for sale, it’s a good indication that the keys are likely stolen or counterfeit. If you were to purchase and use a stolen or counterfeit product key to activate Windows installed on your PC, the key may not work for activation, may already be in use on another PC, or it might be blocked from use later by Microsoft when the key is reported stolen.

Hey Sumit.

Thank you for your replay. so if I want to buy genuine windows 10 OEM can I buy it in Microsoft site? and if I can I can activated it directly from my computer or have to wait for a physical product?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daniel,

I'm Stefano, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.
The VOLUME license is for business only, so it is illegal to use on an home user computer. Also, VOLUME license will expire some day and could be reactivated only with KMS.
I suggest you to buy a proper license from Microsoft Store.

Please let me know if you need more information or help.

Hey Stefano thank you for your help.

Yes indeed I need more help I went to Microsoft site and sawy windows home which is the one I want.

I say buying "Download" or "USB" which means download I can do from my computer and Microsoft will supply the the OEM key or something else, and USB means a USB will be sent to my house through mailing it will help me a lot if you could clarify to me what each of this option purchase mean.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The download option let you install Windows 10 Home directly on your device, without make you wait for the installation USB. They will send you the product key to your email.
The USB option will make you wait some days to receive the installation USB, that will be sent to your home or if you prefer, to the nearest Microsoft store.
The license in both case is RETAIL, that means you would be able in future to transfer it from a device to another.
If you have Windows 10 installed at the moment, I would suggest you to pick the Download option, because you can make a bootable USB at any moment and for free from Microsoft website.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The download option let you install Windows 10 Home directly on your device, without make you wait for the installation USB. They will send you the product key to your email.
The USB option will make you wait some days to receive the installation USB, that will be sent to your home or if you prefer, to the nearest Microsoft store.
The license in both case is RETAIL, that means you would be able in future to transfer it from a device to another.
If you have Windows 10 installed at the moment, I would suggest you to pick the Download option, because you can make a bootable USB at any moment and for free from Microsoft website.

Thank you Stefano.

ok I will pick download because I don't have couple of days I need it now, and it's not a problem for me to make a bootable driver and it seems to be the best options for me at the moment. you saying that license of both options is the same? and not that VOLUME MAK thing, so the license will be mine and only mine without being depended on other computers? and 100% legal to use?

and what it means that in the future I will be able to pass it from one device to other? isn't product key is a 1 time use?

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The product key is a 1 device a time use; that's for a RETAIL license. That means you can have only one device running Windows 10 Home Edition, but you can transfert your license from a device to another if the old one is broken or if you don't use it anymore or if you sell it without Operating System.
Yes, buying from Microsoft Store is the safest way to buy a Windows 10 license and of course this license is yours and yours only. Also, it is obviously legal.
It will be RETAIL license because you buy it from the store; for me, it is the best kind of license for home user, because it allow to transfer between device.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daniel

The MAK licence as you correctly point out is belonging to some company or organisation, and if they discontinue their licence, your PC will deactivate, or if Windows Update detects that licence, it will deactivate that licence

You should purchase a full retail licence form the Microsoft Store, that is then yours for life and you can use that on any future PC's you purchase

You should not be able to purchase an OEM licence, because those are for system builders/manufacturers and most of the OEM licences you will find on the Internet are not legit . . .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-10-ho...

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. :)

I bought a activation code from a store I installed it and it works fine.

But I saw a lot of OEM keys and such, in mine it said VOLUME_MAK channel and in configextension = retail.

I understood shorly from reading abit about VOLUME_MAK that this license is more for companys and if they disable it, it will be disabled for my computer too I don't know that's why i'm asking you.

Thank you, Daniel Mizrahi.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 17,403 Applies to: