Windows 10 2004 Update is stuck at 31%

IDK Y but its been 2 hours straight that is is at 31%. Tried the solution from other Questioned asked before also i don't have any external device connected. Therefore that solution isn't for me. Help!!

I have a similar problem. My Windows 10 May 2020 update is hung with this message:

Spinning dots going clockwise

Working on updates 89%

Don't turn off you PC. This will take a while.

Your PC will restart several times.

I had this displayed before I went to bed, and woke up with SAME message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Having the same issue here:

I tried to install the update using various methods, Using the media creation tool and the official public release iso, and also the insider build, but all of them stuck at 31%.

I've also tried using the DISM tool to fix any corruption with this command under administrator privileges:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And I've scanned all protected system files to replace them if they were corrupted, using this command under administrator privileges:

sfc /scannow

I've also disabled third-party antivirus, but the update still stuck at 31%.

You will notice from the image that I provided above that the CPU and Disk usage are very low for the windows update process.

I hope that problem is fixed as soon as possible, so we can update to the latest windows build.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same issue here:

I tried to install the update using various methods, Using the media creation tool and the official public release iso, and also the insider build, but all of them stuck at 31%.

I've also tried using the DISM tool to fix any corruption with this command under administrator privileges:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And I've scanned all protected system files to replace them if they were corrupted, using this command under administrator privileges:

sfc /scannow

I've also disabled third-party antivirus, but the update still stuck at 31%.

You will notice from the image that I provided above that the CPU and Disk usage are very low for the windows update process.

I hope that problem is fixed as soon as possible, so we can update to the latest windows build.

So the thing is, Windows 10 on my pc was not working well already tried DISM, did not worked. Every thing available on blogs and community related that didn't work, at last I reset my PC. Installed 2004 with ISO, Working Well. ✌️

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, I checked for known issues as of today here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

I have an older Nvidia Graphics card, 770, but my driver is later than the one referenced as being a problem.

Checking for updates never provided the 2004 update option on my Toshiba Qosimo X75 A

I downloaded the windows manual update utility and everything seemed fine, but always hung at 99% getting ready.

Per an article I found, I exited the manual installer, and went to c:\$getcurrent and replaced  the media folder with a backup one I did before a restart. (Please refer to article for exact steps)  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027554/windows-windows-10-upgrade-assistant-is-stuck-at-99

After doing the above steps, it did proceed to the install stage , where it stops at 31% same as the other posters have indicated here.  Same results when trying to install 3 times in a row, stuck at 99% in getting ready window , perform steps in article, then stuck at 31% during install.

Sorry this didn't help.

tried several times. unfortunately won't work.
I think 2004 is not ready for my device yet. I know it's going to work through the boot and install clean Windows. but I need my files and applications.

IDK Y but its been 2 hours straight that is is at 31%. Tried the solution from other Questioned asked before also i don't have any external device connected. Therefore that solution isn't for me. Help!!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2020 Views 2,160 Applies to: