Windows 10 2004 Optional Apps

So now that Notepad, Paint & Wordpad are now optional and can be installed using the Optional Features under settings.

How do we, the enterprise users, get these reinstalled? Is there a way to do using MDT/DISM? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi, my name is Nigel and I am an Independent Advisor here to try and work with you on this issue you are having.

You can pre install APPs using the DISM offline command into your image file, which you can then use for deployment using MDT/WDS.

Alternatively you can use DISM online commands as a sequence in the MDT process.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

Hope this helps!

Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.
If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and let us know whether this information was helpful to you!"

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much for a very quick answer.

One more please. The first is to Browse to the folder where you saved the app packages that you downloaded 

Where do I go to download the app packages. Sorry not done this before. Thanks

Sorry, just to say, we're not OEM but in a education setting.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Please see the additional document regarding side loading which may need turning on.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-inst...

To download an offline-licensed app

Sign in to the Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education.

Click Manage.

Click Settings.

Click Shop. Search for the Shopping experience section, change the License type to Offline, and click Get the app, which will add the app to your inventory.

Click Manage. You now have access to download the appx bundle package metadata and license file.

Go to Products & services, and select Apps & software. (The list may be empty, but it will auto-populate after some time.)

To download app metadata: Choose the language for the app metadata, and then click Download. Save the downloaded app metadata. This is optional.
To download app package: Click to expand the package details information, choose the Platform and Architecture combination that you need for your organization, and then click Download. Save the downloaded app package. This is required.
To download an app license: Choose either Encoded, or Unencoded, and then click Generate license. Save the downloaded license. This is required.
To download an app framework: Find the framework you need to support your app package, and click Download. This is optional.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you again for the clear instructions.

Most of the steps you mention are there.

If I search for the app in search apps & software box I don't find anything. If I search in search the store box I can only find the notepad app, which I've got for the school and is now appearing under Product & Services.

However, nothing for the Wordpad or Paint. Do you think they're just not available yet on the store? They're available under optional features in consumer edition of windows. Thank you again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I can't see them either at the moment.
There are however alternative downloads which look exactly like paint and wordpad that are available.

https://rocketfiles.com/windows/multimedia/grap...

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 24, 2020 Views 197 Applies to: