Windows 10 2004 failing to update and getting BSOD kmode exception not handled

This is the third time that I'm posting about this issue (each time i try a different method i get a new issue)

To recap i have tried updating to 2004 since like 2 months ago (i even tried installing some insider builds to know if the problems persists or not but it did) ;i also tried manually installing using an ISO i created with the media creation tool or using the update assistant (each time the updater reaches 99 percent then quits without saying anything ;

i tried updating using windows update (at first i was getting error 0xc0000005 and now I'm getting error 0x800701b1 and when the system reboots to finish the update i also get a BSOD saying kmode exception not handled ;i tried every possible way but none worked ,,,i have read on a post here that the solution may be to rebuild the BCD when booting from a installation drive ,i tried doing that but i get the same BSOD every time i do ...

can anyone please help me ,i got really frustrated with this ,and it'll be a huuuge endeavor to clean install it cause ill need to set up everything back again (that's if i easily can)

Thanks in advance

|

This is the third time that I'm posting about this issue (each time i try a different method i get a new issue)

To recap i have tried updating to 2004 since like 2 months ago (i even tried installing some insider builds to know if the problems persists or not but it did) ;i also tried manually installing using an ISO i created with the media creation tool or using the update assistant (each time the updater reaches 99 percent then quits without saying anything ;

i tried updating using windows update (at first i was getting error 0xc0000005 and now I'm getting error 0x800701b1 and when the system reboots to finish the update i also get a BSOD saying kmode exception not handled ;i tried every possible way but none worked ,,,i have read on a post here that the solution may be to rebuild the BCD when booting from a installation drive ,i tried doing that but i get the same BSOD every time i do ...

can anyone please help me ,i got really frustrated with this ,and it'll be a huuuge endeavor to clean install it cause ill need to set up everything back again (that's if i easily can)

Thanks in advance

Same issue here i thought it was related to drivers so i formatted my ssd and clean installed everything was running great untill i updated to 2004 update and it started giving BSOD !!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

was thinking about clean installing it ,but now that i read your comment i'm afraid to even do that ,
its a shame that Microsoft still hasn't addressed this issue ,as its clearly not a isolated case .        

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 7, 2021 Views 622 Applies to: