Windows 10 1809 ISO - Microsoft's Software Cycle - After a month of fixing issues with 17763.1, Why is the ISO (17763.107) build not the latest patched build 17763.134?

Microsoft had a month working on fixing 1809.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

The 1809 ISO that is downloadable from the Website above is build 17763.107.

The original ISO that was available for a few days early October was build 17763.1.

I now present Exhibit A:

What does this tell us?

Well, it tells us that the ISO was baked about 2 weeks ago, as the release for 17763.107 in the Insiders Rings (also known as, the beta testers rings of brainwashing) was late October... from memory I had to dig for the .cab on 27th of October.

I now present again Exhibit A, this time highlighting an important point that I am trying to make.

Why is the ISO not the current build 17763.134?

Was it not tested? Obviously if 134 was released, then there have been significant fixes since 107. So, why weren't these included for the ISO release when both ISO 17763.107 and Cumulative Update 17763.134 were released at the same time?

What were the ISO crew doing from 107 to 134? Playing Minecraft? Candy Crush? Obviously they were not making the release ISO not up-to-date during the month + 2 week period. ... or.... is it up-to-date, and it's just that 134 hasn't actually been tested yet?

There is a big gap somewhere in Microsoft's Software Cycle where things just don't overlap properly.

The Windows test rings aren't rings. They are horse shoes.

Who ever is in charge, wake up. You're doing a terrible job.

As always, don't forget to run sfc /scannow, as this will fix everything. If that doesn't, you know you can always just re-install Windows....

"Was it not tested? Obviously if 134 was released, then there have been significant fixes since 107. So, why weren't these included for the ISO release when both ISO 17763.107 and Cumulative Update 17763.134 were released at the same time?"

Build 17763.107 was released for testing to Insiders 10/30 and is now found good enough to release as ISO,

build 17763.134 is much later build. There is same release date because those are released to public on same day.

Quote from Windows Insider Blog:

"UPDATE 10/30: We have released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.107 (KB4464455) to Windows Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings. This Cumulative Update contains the same fixes as Build 17763.104 plus these two additional fixes:"

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/09/18/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17763/#HLDrbDXdY9oydETi.97

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Build 17763.107 was released for testing to Insiders 10/30 and is now found good enough to release as ISO,

build 17763.134 is much later build. There is same release date because those are released to public on same day.

build 17763.134 is much later build.

much later build.

much later

I don't even want to get started on 104/107 because the KB was released twice, pulled as 104, then released as the same patch KB4464455.

Anyhow, you missed the point. So I'll add my question to the end of your statement.

Why is the ISO (17763.107) build not the latest patched build 17763.134?

Actually, I'll rephrase: If Microsoft are going to publicly release an iso and a patch at the same time, Why not make the ISO the same build as the patch?

Welcome to Windows 10 Global Beta Test - Home of "SFC /SCANNOW" - Do you want to re-install today?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to express your opinion on this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. They will not even see it here. This is a tech forum staffed mostly by volunteers trying to help others with their problems.
Virginia - Time Lady.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 24, 2019 Views 2,810 Applies to: