Windows 10 1703 Bugs

There are 10000000000000000 bugs in this version. Live tiles gets freezed, mail in control panel is freezed and doesnt open. And everytime i open outlook 2016 i get an stupid popup asking DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS WEBISTE TO OPEN AN APP ON YOUR COMPUTER? I have done fresh install of windows 5 times in this week, thinking i have messed up while installing. But everytime i complete fresh install, new issues popsup. Such a pity. Is microsoft releasing windows 10 without testing just because they started it to sell for free. Was thinking windows 10 was the best OS, things becoming worse!!! Refer the attached pictures.

See photos live tile blacked out. **** man!!! 5 times i did fresh install. After installing everything, these issues pop out!!!

See the mail icon gone blank in the below image,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Doing a fresh install of Windows should remove all those bugs. If it failed many times, we suggest reinstalling Windows using the Media Creation Tool as another workaround to help resolve the issue. Click this link to download and install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Doing a fresh install of Windows should remove all those bugs. If it failed many times, we suggest reinstalling Windows using the Media Creation Tool as another workaround to help resolve the issue. Click this link to download and install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

I have downloaded Microsoft support and recovery assistant for office 365. I ran this and somehow this solved the issue. But live tiles getting blacked out is still there. I use a HP laptop which comes with recovery, so i do a fresh install using recovery. Not a fresh install of windows 10 entirely. Somehow outlook issue is solved. Should do some research for making live tiles work flawless. No idea of fresh install again. I don't have patience to do a 6th fresh install again. So only live tile issues are left out at the end.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the make and model of your HP?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the make and model of your HP?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not

Ofcourse it is compatible. It is only 7 months old laptop with 7th gen I5 processor(7200U) and 8GB DDR4 ram and 1TB HDD. It is HP Pavilion 15 AU114TX.

I installed windows 10 creators update in a dell inspiron n5010 with 1st gen I5 processor and 4GB DDR3 ram which is nearly 7 or 8 years old.

So it will never be a compatibility issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to downgrade to the Anniversary Update and see if things improve with the Fall Creators Update, version 1709.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to downgrade to the Anniversary Update and see if things improve with the Fall Creators Update, version 1709.

Actually other than the people live tile, everything is working fine. So i have ruled out the thought f a fresh install or anything similar. May be the issue is with the people app itself. Will wait for updates and see.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As seen, news and people app live tile is not working and people, twitter, calculator apps are blacked out. Trust me, I contacted hp customer care and Microsoft customer care and what they concluded about this is that, it is a bug with the creators update. Is there any solution or should i wait for next windows update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day Prabhu,

Since the issue is isolated to Windows 10 apps, we advise running the Windows Apps Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter will diagnose and fix your PC for any apps issues detected. You can access the troubleshooter from this article. Make sure to temporarily disable your security software before running the troubleshooter to avoid software conflicts.

Please respond back with the results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Devlin Sco,

I have run the troubleshooter. News app was updated by the store after the troubleshooter is run. But there is no effect even after this. Please see the attached images

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the prompt response.

If the issue continues even after running the troubleshooter for Windows Apps. We advise resetting the apps through Settings. Please follow these steps:

1. Select the Start button.
  2. Go to Settings > System > Apps & features.
  3. Select the app and then click Advanced options.
  4. Click Reset.
    • WARNING: Resetting the app will permanently delete the app's data on your PC, including your preferences and sign-in details.
  5. Click Reset again to continue.

If resetting the app still doesn't work, try uninstalling the app from the same window.

We're looking forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2018 Views 842 Applies to: