Window License Will Expire Soon

Hi. I got my Windows 10 Pro free upgrade from Windows 8.1.  I have been getting the pop-up message every 30 seconds.  When I logged in to my Microsoft account, it stopped.  Is it good already?  Although at the activation page, it still says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service."  I am in the middle of a work project and I do not want my system dying on me.  Is there anything else I should do?  Thank you.

Hi, Zaye2008

My name is Phillip and I am an Independent Advisor. I hope it helps.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Philip.  I'll look into this.

Z

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zaye,

Rest assured your system will not die on you, however, genuine Windows 10 does not expire . . .

Do you know the history of your PC or version of Windows?

Is your PC second hand or Windows was reinstalled by a PC Repair Shop?

Click your Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run or paste this command and hit Enter:

slmgr.vbs /dlv

Please post a screenshot of the resulting dialog . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dave. Thanks for your reply. My laptop's an Asus X454L, which I bought from a PC store brand new in 2015. The sticker on the palm rest says its OS is Windows 8. So now I'm confused if I upgraded from an 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 in Feb 2016. 

Here's a screenshot to the resulting dialogue as you instructed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dave. Thanks for your reply. My laptop's an Asus X454L, which I bought from a PC store brand new in 2015. The sticker on the palm rest says its OS is Windows 8. So now I'm confused if I upgraded from an 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 in Feb 2016. 

Here's a screenshot to the resulting dialogue as you instructed.

Sad to say but this isn't a genuine product since you got it from a store. Tell the store person to give you your real product key. How did you upgrade from 8/8.1 to 10?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zaye

Somehow your system has ended up with the volume licence version of Windows 10 Pro installed on it, which will need to be re-armed within 11 days . ..

To get back to genuine activated Windows 10, you would need to backup your data and clean install Windows 10 Home, then re-install all your 3rd party applications, including Office (if applicable)

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

You should just clean install Windows 10 rather than upgrading from Windows 8.1. This will have 2 benefits, if you have to reset again, it will reset to Windows 10, not 8.1 and your system will be more responsive and reliable . . . 

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers 

Click this link: 
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10 

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to add that I was able to work on my Presentation the whole day today.  I'm not sure if the reason why I didn't get that annoying pop-up was because my I'm signed in to my Outlook account. When I exited from Edge, the pop-up came back.

Z

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zaye

Somehow your system has ended up with the volume licence version of Windows 10 Pro installed on it, which will need to be re-armed within 11 days . ..

You should just clean install Windows 10 rather than upgrading from Windows 8.1. This will have 2 benefits, if you have to reset again, it will reset to Windows 10, not 8.1 and your system will be more responsive and reliable . . . 

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10 

Hi Dave.

I have clean installed Windows 10 Home Single Language and I am now reinstalling my apps.  My activation status says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." I would like to believe that I have successfully installed Windows. Thank you so much.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2021 Views 190 Applies to: