Window for installing Microsoft Office 2007 is too small. Neither change size nor scroll up or down. Stuck at 2"x2" window

After install a clean Window 10 (was spammed earlier) with its updates provided by Microsoft, I cannot install Microsoft Office 2007 (was able to install it with Window 10 after purchasing a branch new Microsoft Surface Pro 4).  The pop up window asking for "Enter your Product Key" is small.  It is 2"x2" with 6 lines of text displayed.  I cannot enlarge the window using ALT+SPACE UP command.  The maximize/minimize/size/restore options were gray out.  Only 2 selectable options are MOVE and CLOSE.  I am stuck.  Cannot install Microsoft Office 2007 on Surface Pro 4 with Window 10.  I attempted to do the same thing on my old computer (Acer with Window XP) and it works just fine.

* Moved from Insider

Question Info

Last updated June 7, 2019 Views 1,536 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have no idea why that window is so small, but try this.  Start Wordpad and type the key into it.  Then highlight and copy that key, click that 2 x 2" box and do a paste into it.  See if that will get you going.  FWIW I've done several Office 2007 installs in Windows 10 without having this problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Hula_Baloo for your help.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  I can blindly entered the key by just typing it and hit enter.  However, the next window "Read the Microsoft Software license terms" displayed with the same small size.  I cannot scroll down to mark the "ACCEPT" and click CONTINUE.  I attempted to click ENTER but it did not work.  I am stuck right there.  I even tried to download from the web and the pop up window for enter the key is small same as I did using the CD.  

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have installed Office 2007 on my Surface Book so it will work although the scaling is rather small. 

Have you tried going into Settings - System - Display and then changing Scale and Layout to a higher % then view your 2 x 2 box as it should be larger.  If this works input your product key and revert back to your original Scale and Layout %.

I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, Naesuk for your suggestion.  I did change the Display scale to 300% for my ease of reading.  The problem is the window size stuck at 2"x2" with 6 lines of text.  I cannot resize the window using lots of different method (i.e, pen, touchpad, touch screen, mouse).  I cannot scroll the texts within the window.  The window and text within the window are frozen.  When I bought this branch new Surface Pro 4, I was able to install MS Office 2007 without any problem.  I recently got SPAM and were force to install a clean Window 10 with lots of upgrades.  I this causes the issue.  Today (8/5/2017) I attempted to install the previous Window version but it doesn't let me to do so.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you reinstalled Windows did you go to your Microsoft account and use a recovery image?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again, Naesuk.  I used a clean installation meaning deleting all the programs,  all files on my Surface.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just solve the issue by:

1) Select Window symbol to start a search and searched for PREVIOUS VERSION.

2) When suggestions came up, I selected RUN PROGRAMS MADE FOR PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF WINDOWS.

3) Select PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY TROUBLESHOOTER 

then just follow the instructions there.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and prompt responses.

25 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Well that's good new. Sorry for not suggesting that fix, as you had installed Office 2007 before I assumed you had tried compatibility.

If if all is working and if you have not done it yet make recovery drive and expect a lot of downloads for security patches for Office 2007.  Good luck. 

Sorry this didn't help.

When I first installed Office 2007 into my new Surface with Window 10, I did not have to run the compatibility and it worked.  So this time I was off guard.  Thank you for reminding me about the Recovery Drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know how to create a Recovery Drive on a CD instead of a USB?  Do I have to format the CD to a certain format?  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.