Win10 On-screen volume popup

Windows 10 - how do I disable the onscreen volume meter that pops up in the upper left hand corner of the screen.  It has begun popping up randomly and frequently.  I have been searching in an effort to try and find an answer, but so far am having no luck.  Assistance is welcome and appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Microsoft Answers Forums.

Have you made sure that you have all the current drivers and updates for your system?

If not follow the below steps. 

1.In the Search box type Windows Update

2.This will then open a new window and should automatically check to make sure there are no updates that are not currently installed on your system.

3.Please make sure that you have all the current drivers for your keyboard as well.

Post back to let us know if this information was helpful or not so that we may further assist you if need be.

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with any issues with windows.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed P

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

After adjusting some settings while I could see the onscreen volume meter located in the upper left corner of the screen, I found that the culprit was Realtek HD Audio Manager.  Drivers appeared to be up-to-date, but I uninstalled and reinstalled anyway.  It seems to have fixed the issue as I've not seen the popup since.

Thank you for a quick reply, but issue solved already.  Cheers!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2024 Views 2,490 Applies to: