Win10 internet connection problem

Hi

I have a weird situation. I am working from home all day and using citrix for connecting, it works nicely. The problem is, sometimes my windows 10 looses it`s connection to internet, I tried chrome firefox or edge, nothing works and weird part is, citrix does not lost it is connection. Result is my laptop can not browse sites but my citrix connection stands so I can still work :)

When this happens I tried nslookup google.com or any other site and so DNS gets time out, so I said maybe my ISP having issues so I changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 and problem did not go away.

Here comes the weirder part, I have an old laptop where I have linux mint, when my win10 looses its connection my linux does not looses its connection. now I am thinking to connect my win10 to linux to just to make sure my connection stands uninterrupted.

This does not bother me unless I am in a zoom call, when my win10 looses its connection my zoom calls got interrupted and that affects my work.

I found similar situation happened before https://superuser.com/questions/1331253/connection-issues-in-windows-10-but-not-in-linux and added all my details there too. Feel free to ask if I am missing anything.

Thanks in advance

|
Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard an Independent Advisor and a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I actually experience the same issue as before and by following the steps below fixed my issue I hope it works for you as well, moreover I know some of these steps already done, but it is better if you do it in sequence.

First what we will do is to enable WWAN and WLAN services, these services are essential to run the Wireless and wired connection perfectly.

- Open Services (Press Windows key + R then type in services.msc then click OK)

-Look for WLAN Autoconfig and WWAN Autoconfig> Right Click Properties and set it to automatic (If it's already set to automatic, right click then click stop then start it again)

-Restart PC and check

If the issue persists, run the following command in command Prompt (Admin). Follow the steps below to do so.

These sets of commands will reset the internet connection and re-calibrate the internet settings you have.

Press Windows Key + X.
Click on Command prompt (Admin).
Type the following commands, and hit Enter after each command:
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh winsock reset and press Enter
netsh int ip reset and press Enter
ipconfig /release and press Enter
ipconfig /renew and press Enter
ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Method 4: IP and DNS Setting, Trying an open DNS will redirect the internet connection to other Access point, by this it may get all the download speed you have.
Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked
Obtain an IP Address Automatically
Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

Try Open DNS
Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

Method 2. Do clean boot:
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.

- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

- Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.

- Close Task Manager.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment.

troubleshooting reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

Let me know how does it goes and I hope that helps.

Bernard
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First method enabling WWAN did not work, method 4 is irrelevant because I already use 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 you can see it

I have not tried

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh winsock reset and press Enter
netsh int ip reset and press Enter

part, can you please explain what is the purposes of the lines ?

And this is a situation happens intermittently, normally everything works, but time to time I loose connection in my web browser, I should stress my citrix VPN connection stays active, so it means I actually have the internet connection. I believe something wrong in DNS configuration but could not figured it out yet.

I would appreciate if you tell me a command for me to run and get system report when the next connection problem happens, this way we can pin point the problem.

Thanks

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, my name is Elias

Follow this oficial trobleshooter:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-...

and this

Having problems with your browser? Turn off the hardware acceleration feature

https://www.askvg.com/tip-having-problems-with-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft site. The page appears to be providing accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products often classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
Thoroughly search for any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2021 Views 386 Applies to: