win 8.1 startup blank screen slow startup

respected ms community members recently i am updating my oem windows 8 to windows 8.1 on my hp laptop before updating my win 8 startup is superfast but know on win 8.1 its startup goes **** slow becoze blank screen appear before welcome and take around 30 sec to 1 minute so please tell me how can i fix it

Hi Rehan,

This issue can be caused due to pending update or software conflicts.

Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if there is any pending Windows Update needs to be install.

If yes, then I would suggest you to install the update and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install al the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the manufactures’ website.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to boot into Safe Mode and check if it helps.

Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in Safe Mode with Networking, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

If the issue does not persist in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135  

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

You may also refer to the steps from the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Ways to improve your PC's performance: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/improve-pc-performance

Hope it helps.

If you have any other questions or you need any other information about Windows, feel free to post your questions and we will be glad to help.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

respected sir

my windows is updated and

i performed all your methods but problem is persist

tell me what can i do know

regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rehan,

Thank you for the update.

Since the issue persists, in safe mode then could be some hardware conflicts.

I would suggest you to
disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this fixes the issue, then add the devices one after the other until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then we can update driver software for that particular device.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

respected sir

as per i said issue is in my laptop not desktop so there are no external devices and i didn't connect any USB devices or printers, scanner and even my wireless mouse

so what can i do know

new update 8.1 is best but startup made me feel like cheap laptop but isn't its latest on every aspects i7-3632QM and ivy bridge chipset and 3gbps sata 8gb ram 

when it is new it takes 10 to 15 secs to fresh booting after update its takes 45 sec to 1 min
mainly when window loading logo appear its fine but then it goes blank and 30 to 45 sec to appear welcome message

i am also technical but helpless

tell me what can i do know

regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I was just wondering if you resolved this problem since I have it also. I had win 8.1 in the beginning and it booted slowly (the problem that we are talking right now), and then I upgrade it to win 10. Win 10 booted in 8 seconds (there was no problem at all with the booting). I returned to win 8.1 again and the startup is again very slow (black screen with little white dash flashing in top let corner, and then after 25-30 seconds log in appears). Sorry if bothering you, I was just checking if I have the same problem as you do, and weather you fixed it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 6,691 Applies to: