Win 10 version 2004 Start Menu transparency

I haven't use the start menu transparency option at all on my pc before untill i upgraded version 2004 May 2020 update.

Some days ago i tried to make the start menu transparent but it doesn't work at all, i have tried several solution online but still not working. 

I edited the registry to make transparent but still not working, one thing i noticed is that When i edited the option "Enable Transparency" and change it value from 1 to 0, it only make the task bar transparent slightly and not the star menu, and whenever i restart or switch off and on my pc , the slight transparency in the task bar also disappear. Even In the window setting , personalization, colors, if i click transparency effect it doesn't make any changes at everything still remain the Same, no transparency at all.

What Could be the cause?  How can i make my start menu  transparent?  Or is it that transparency is not working in the may 2020 update?

I'm not with my PC to post screenshot, but my description is enough of what am saying, there's no transparency at all, at all. Please help? 

Hi Isaac,

My name is Darren; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

You can try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...

Also, go to Start > Type "Windows Update Settings" hit enter > Click on "Check for updates" to ensure you have installed the latest windows update.

Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.

If the issue still persists, you can submit this issue through feedback hub to Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Why every time I check MS forums there's always some guy like Darren that doesn't research the issue and post completely generic brain-dead responses. What a robot...

Here you go Isaac, an actual fix...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced 

Create DWORD32bit UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency= 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm     

Create DWORD32bit ForceEffectMode= 1

Reboot or logout / login

46 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2021 Views 3,697 Applies to: