win 10 short cut key for restart in safe mode

Does anyone know what the key is. Thank you

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
  2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

For reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Note: Restart the computer in normal once done with safe mode.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards
Joy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

tjtha in

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for posting in thankMicrosoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
  2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

3. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

For reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Note: Restart the computer in normal once done with safe mode.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you 😊 Joy all good worked a treat...too well I'm afraid now cannot get back to normal mode, Ahh heck! Can you please help me out again Sonya

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2024 Views 1,807 Applies to: