Win 10 dosent exits the shutdown screen

So my lenovo thinkpad yoga 14 has windown 10 and it dosent exits the shutdown screen. I normally shutdown and it's been more than an hour since an it still hasn't shut down. It just displays shutting down(with the loading circle). The main power button just put it to sleep mode and then when I turn on again it's the same screen for infinity. What do I do? 

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try holding down the power button for 15-20 seconds to hard shut down the laptop and check if it helps.

If you are able to start the laptop and login to Windows, try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Power and system maintenance troubleshooter

The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "view all" on the left pane.

3. Run the "power" troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions. Once that is complete, run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Microsoft Safety Scanner

Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner  to scan for virus and malwares.

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

Method 3: Update drivers

Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps given by Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

is this a wind up of some sort because the safety scanner doesn't work

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to try the link below to download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2024 Views 129 Applies to: