Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them.

When you have iCloud Photos enabled, any changes you make to your photo library on one device (adding, deleting, or organizing media) will reflect across all your devices connected to the same iCloud account.

If you delete the folder containing photos and videos on your computer, these items might be removed from your iCloud Photos library and subsequently from all your iCloud-connected devices. iCloud sync ensures that the media you see on your devices is consistent with what's in your iCloud storage.

Depending on your iCloud settings, if you delete media from your computer, iCloud might keep a lower-resolution version of the media in iCloud while freeing up space on your computer. This is part of the "Optimize Mac Storage" feature.

Deleted items might be recoverable from the "Recently Deleted" folder in iCloud for a limited time (usually 30 days) before being permanently removed.

If you don't want the media on your computer but want to keep it in iCloud, you can consider managing your iCloud storage directly from your devices or through the iCloud website.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Oscar,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

If you use Apple iCloud to sync your files, then it would be best to sign out of iCloud on that device before you delete those files, to ensure they are not deleted on any other synced devices.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 1,436 Applies to: