WiFi keeps getting disconnected on Windows 10 laptop.

Hi,

I have been experiencing issues with my Windows 10 laptop as of late. The problem seems to be with the WiFi adapter. The WiFi connection keeps getting disconnected from my laptop often. After trying to re-connect to the same network, it simply says "can't connect to this network". I'll then need to head into settings and then forget this network under "manage known networks" and then restart my laptop and then connect to the network.

Sometimes the network gets disconnected after a few minutes or sometimes it takes longer, but eventually, it gets disconnected and I have to go through the same process again. Sometimes after getting disconnected, the WiFi option goes missing and I'll need to run a couple of commands to reset the adapter.

This is a really frustrating problem especially when I'm working on something. Also, it never happens on my phone which is connected to the same network.

Device info:

Laptop series: HP Pavilion 15

WiFi adapter: Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Answer
Answer
Hi Atul,

No worries. I hope that the suggested methods will resolve the issue.

In case the issue still persist, you may also perform a repair install of you Windows. I suggest that you watch the video on this article(https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai... or https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/06/how-to...) for you to have an idea regarding the process of repair install. There should be no worries in performing it since you will select the option to keep your files during the process.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you.
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2022 Views 148 Applies to: