WiFi Frequently Disconnects; Unable to Find Networks Thereafter

Hi all. 

Recently have encountered problems with my Windows 10 computer’s WiFi. 

Seemingly at random, my computer will lose WiFi connection and then be unable to discover any WiFi network. 

All previously discoverable WiFis will then become undiscoverable, despite them still working on my phone, and the WiFi I am connected to will not have any connection. If I were to disconnect and attempt to reconnect to said network, it will say something akin to “trouble connecting to this network,” and then that WiFi will disappear as well, leaving me with no discoverable networks.

This is an immensely annoying problem, as it happens very frequently, and my only known fix as of now is to restart my computer until the WiFi kicks back up again. It interrupts my work, and is a general inconvenience. I have tried many solutions, such as restarting the WLAN AutoConfig Service, disabling and re-enabling my Network Adapter in Network & Internet Settings > Change Adapter Options, or running through Services.MSC to check if all of the following Services are running:

• Application Layer Gateway Service
  • Network Connections
  • Network Location Awareness (NLA)
  • Plug and Play
  • Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
  • Remote Access Connection Manager
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • Telephony
  • Windows Firewall

As I have read somewhere said services are necessary to discover networks. Occassionally they will be off, yet even when I start them, the problem will not fix.

Any help?

Have you gone Device Manager, Adapter type, click on the adapter, click on Power Management, and removed the check from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you gone Device Manager, Adapter type, click on the adapter, click on Power Management, and removed the check from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"?

Tried that, yet issue persisted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi T.J.T and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Troubleshooting network problems in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/...

Option 2. How to Change DNS Settings on Windows 10.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-dns-set...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi T.J.T and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Troubleshooting network problems in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/...

Option 2. How to Change DNS Settings on Windows 10.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-dns-set...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Will any of these solutions affect other users on the WiFi / the WiFi network itself? Most concerned about the first link’s “Run Network Commands” settings and the DNS settings modifiable on the second link.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi T.J.T,

These commands will not affect other users on WiFI. These will only affect the pc where you run these commands.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2020 Views 20 Applies to: