WiFi Ethernet issues on Windows 10

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me. After I've installed Windows 10 I' ve been experiencing issues with my wifi and ethernet connections. Both of them simply stopped working after I've upgraded. I've been forced to go back to Windows 8 and then upgrade again to Windows 8.1.

I'm running a Laptop S855-S5382 Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU 2.40GHZ, 64Bits, 8GB RAM and a AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7680M Graphics 2GB DDR3.

My Wifi connection is a Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC and my Ethernet connection is a Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

I'v tried to use those USB wifi adapters but they don't seem to work either. I think is an issue related with drivers, but they don't seem to be available for windows 10 on the Toshiba Support web site, in fact NO DRIVERS for windows 10 seem to be available for the Toshiba S855-S5382, neverthelees it allows me to upgrade to windows 10 and this is the only problem I've had when I did it.

Right now I'm using Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1.      Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on Network Adapter.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on No wireless networks are available after you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. Thanks for the answer.

I've just receive news form Toshiba that they will not support my laptop model (S855-S5382) on Windows 10. In order to update to Windows 10 I surely must download the drivers from Qualcomm and Realtek (obviously both must be for Windows 10) but neither of them seem to have an update for my specific models:

- Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

- Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

And what is worst none of those companies are replying to my mails.

If by any chance you guys have these updates or could tell me where I can get them it would be great.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait a little more, just in case Qualcomm and Realtek answer my mails. I've visited their websites and no luck, they don't offer an update for those drivers.(Yet)

Let's hope they do in a near future, if they don't then I'll try your suggestion.

Still can't get over the fact that Toshiba isn't offer support for my laptop.....it's a shame....

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded drivers from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds037938 and installed them on a Toshiba Satellite with the rtl8723ae wireless lan.  This fixed the wifi throughput problem.  

Oddly though, it doesn't seem to have changed the rtl8723ae driver (device manager indicated same version/date of driver), none the less, the wifi is usable now.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

m.rivers

Thanks a lot!!

Your suggestion worked perfectly!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have any of you manage to connect to a WirelessN router and get speed above 78Mbps on your wifi status?

I'm using the same wireless chipset but under device properties->advance->wireless mode only show b/g.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Raymond:

I'm afraid I can't be of any help to you here since I'm in a country (Bolivia) where internet speeds are not really good. As a matter of fact right now my internet connection is at 14Mbps, jejejejejeje.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 18,393 Applies to: