WiFi Disconnects - Name resolution for the name XXXXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Asus laptop model Q551LN-BSI708

I often lose WiFi connection on this laptop, and the symptoms leading up to this are the following:

1)  I get a yellow triangle (my wife and I call it the triangle of death) down on top of the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right of my screen - task manager area.  When I see this, I instantly lose internet connection.

2)  I go into Event viewer, and I find that the disconnect is 100% related to these errors below (at least looking at the date/time stamp of the errors and when I get the yellow triangle).  The errors are always the same, except for the website referenced as shown below.

1)  I am using OpenDNS IP addresses on my router as my DNS service.

2)  I have also tried to switch to Google DNS servers, with no luck.  Same issue.

3)  My wireless network card driver is up to date.  I even uninstalled it, and reinstalled just in case.

Here are the errors in Event Viewer:

Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name mtalk.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name swupmf.adobe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name bn1302.storage.live.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name classdojo.pubnub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name core.mochibot.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name skydrive.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name clients4.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2020 Views 12,354 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.
I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Network Limited error means the computer has successfully connected to the router, but the computer wasn't assigned a valid IP address, so you can't actually get to the Internet. It can also indicate that a valid IP address was assigned but that the PC doesn't have Internet connectivity.

Method 1
For further information, refer to the section “My connection is listed as Limited” from the article.
Why can't I connect to the Internet?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/cant-connect-to-internet

Method 2
One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. If you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.
I would suggest you to try resetting the TCP/IP stack I would also suggest you to try resetting TCP/IP and check.
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us
Also applies for Windows 10 .

Method 3
Flush your computer's DNS cache.
a) From Start screen, type command prompt.
b) Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
c) At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

I would also suggest you to refer to the article: “Wired and wireless network problems” and try all the troubleshooting steps given in it from this link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab4&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.