Wi-Fi Adapter is Missing on Windows 10

Device: ASUS A451LB

Problem:

Initially, my notebook was the only device which could not connect to internet by using Wi Fi. I've tested to other devices (i.e. mobile phone and other notebook) and the Wi Fi worked as usual. After googling, I tried to uninstall the driver in Device Manager and reinstall it again through "Scan for hardware changes" menu. However, now the WiFi Network Adapter can't be found anywhere, even in the Network and Internet Settings.

I've tried the following actions but they couldn't solve the problem:

- Uninstalled the driver by using Device Manager and reinstalled it manually.

- Updated the driver and encountered another problem.

I also tried the process shown in this link http://scottiestech.info/2014/08/10/network-icon-disappeared-fix-missing-and-disconnected-network-icons-in-windows/ but I can't find the targeted register.

Please kindly help me solving this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

You need to try the ASUS Support Site for Driver Updates.  Also check any community forum threads there for reported problems.
MJA
Windows Insider, Surface Pro 3, MacBook Pro (VirtualBox + Windows 10)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I finally rolled back to Windows 8.1 and everything worked perfectly fine like nothing happened. Then, I upgraded again to Windows 10 and my home WiFi became limited with no internet connection again. It only happened in my notebook and through WiFi at my home. I have no problem in connecting via public WiFi, i.e. at college or mall.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2020 Views 806 Applies to: