Why no windows malicious software removal tool download on September 2019 patch Tuesday for win 10 1903?

Why no windows malicious software removal tool download for September 10, 2019 patch Tuesday for Win 10 1903? When I go to windows download to manually download it is says September 5, 2019 . When I download it manually, It opens as the August 2019 version. Why no Sept 2019 version in patch Tuesday download?
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi. JohnFerrer2

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps keep Windows computers free of frequent malware. MSRT finds and eliminates threats and reverses the changes they have made.

In this case, these are the compatible operating system:

Windows 10; Windows 10 Tech Preview; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows Server 2016; Windows Server Tech Preview.

• Note: This tool must be run with local administrator privileges.

1. Click the Download button on this page.

2. Perform one of the following actions:

1. To start the tool immediately after downloading it, click Run.

2. To save the download to your computer and start it later, click Save.

3. Open the tool to start scanning.

Note: This tool must be run with local administrator privileges.

Best Regards.
Anthony. -

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Anthony,  I think the original poster was asking why there isn't a malicious software removal tool included with the September update release.  Usually each month has a MRT included.  There are no updates for September 2019. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are right. After every Patch Tuesday I always run a full scan with MRT. I went to the Windows download center and downloaded MRT which had a creation date of 9-5-2019, yet when I opened it to run a full scan, it showed as a August 2019 version. I wonder why they did this, or why they won't reply to your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure but I believe MRT has been rebranded to "Safety Scanner". It is unclear to me why it has been renamed or if they're even the same thing, I'm assuming it's renamed because the icon and UI is the same. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

'Safety Scanner' has a time out after 10 days, so you will need to keep downloading it.

However, the MSRT tool is available at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx, which you can run as many times as you wish, and it is updated round about 'Patch Tuesday' every month.  Currently this will be the September 2019 version -

So the question still remains is to why was it not downloaded as part of September's 'Patch Tuesday' updates?

Rgds IanM

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the euphoria of meeting the schedule has been forgotten.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, it has not been rebranded to Windows Safety Scanner.  I use both.  Full scan of Windows Safety Scanner and the full scan of the Malicious Software Removal Tool every month.  They're both different scans.  Many times I will get a clean Windows Safety Scanner scan, then the very next scan will be the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and I may get a dirty file from this one that I'll have to find and remove.  Please don't think that they are the same thing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, this is Vickie, I am the administrator with administrator permissions, and I'm still having this issue. Even when I just go into ANY website that is supposed to have the current version, especially from a Windows 10 site, it ends up downloading the previous version, which says, "There is a newer version..."  That shouldn't have anything to do with anybody's permissions, if it's being shown to everyone toi download. And again, this is from all of the sites that has this download for the current one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why no windows malicious software removal tool download for September 10, 2019 patch Tuesday for Win 10 1903? When I go to windows download to manually download it is says September 5, 2019 . When I download it manually, It opens as the August 2019 version. Why no Sept 2019 version in patch Tuesday download?

I have the same issue and posted "Why There is no Sept Malicious Removal Tool for Sept 2019" on Sept 11.  I am not getting anywhere after 17 days. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi there:

Please check this site out,

www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Windows%20Malicious%20Software%20Removal%20Tool%202019

There is no malicious software removal tool for September. Hope it helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information.  I have just checked the website.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2021 Views 1,568 Applies to: