Why is Windows 10 email so slow to sync?

You would think I'm trying to archive the Library of Congress.  Why does it take so long for Windows 10 Email to finish an Email sync.  Sometimes it take 2 minutes with the little balls moving across the screen. On an iPad its usually 5 seconds to get email. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that this can be frustrating but rest assured, we are here to help you and guide you in the right direction,

1. On which device are you syncing your email?
  2. Which email client are you using?
  3. Which email account are you trying to sync?

IF you use AVG tool, basically, you go to your firewall settings and click on the tab which lists all the rules for applications (The tab is called "Applications"). You then find the ones labeled Host Process for Windows Services. The Domains for these applications should be: "C://Windows/System32/svchost.exe and C://Windows/SYSWOW64/svchost.exe"

Hope this helps.  Get back to us with the results if you have further issues. We are happy to help.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No offense, but this reply shows why Apple has succeeded in certain ways. I don't see email as having much relation to a "client." That may mean something to you, but email to me is something I get from someone else. I get email on my PC, or my smartphone. It's a message I receive.  To answer your questions::

1.) I am using my new Dell Inspiron laptop with an i7 Intel processor, 5th generation.

2.) I am using Windows 10 Email. Whatever client that is.

3.) I am trying to sync 2 gmail accounts and 1 yahoo email account.

>>>>

IF you use AVG tool, basically, you go to your firewall settings and click on the tab which lists all the rules for applications (The tab is called "Applications"). You then find the ones labeled Host Process for Windows Services. The Domains for these applications should be: "C://Windows/System32/svchost.exe and C://Windows/SYSWOW64/svchost.exe"

I don't know what AVG is since I just got this computer. and am relatively new to Windows. As far as AVG, Firewalls, rules for applications, exe files, Host Process...Do you realize how techie that sounds to someone who is just trying to check their email?  That is totally useless advice to me. 

My Email is slow. Period.  I am using a new computer with Windows 10. When I go to the web my email loads almost immediately, but when I use Windows 10 email it is pitifully slow.   That's the extent of how complicated this issue is.

I really do appreciate the reply, but I am just being honest about how it reads to me.

124 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No offense, but this reply shows why Apple has succeeded in certain ways. I don't see email as having much relation to a "client." That may mean something to you, but email to me is something I get from someone else. I get email on my PC, or my smartphone. It's a message I receive.  To answer your questions::

1.) I am using my new Dell Inspiron laptop with an i7 Intel processor, 5th generation.

2.) I am using Windows 10 Email. Whatever client that is.

3.) I am trying to sync 2 gmail accounts and 1 yahoo email account.

>>>>

I don't know what AVG is since I just got this computer. and am relatively new to Windows. As far as AVG, Firewalls, rules for applications, exe files, Host Process...Do you realize how techie that sounds to someone who is just trying to check their email?  That is totally useless advice to me. 

My Email is slow. Period.  I am using a new computer with Windows 10. When I go to the web my email loads almost immediately, but when I use Windows 10 email it is pitifully slow.   That's the extent of how complicated this issue is.

I really do appreciate the reply, but I am just being honest about how it reads to me.

I have the exact same problem , a super fast brand new lap top 2 days old and yahoo mail is steam driven and i am also working alongside an Ipad which gets the email instantly .

I also don't understand domains etc etc ..........please come down to our level although I don't actually consider myself that low but I'm not a trained computer person like you guys firing these type of emails , please understand your customer base.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup - Its absolutely pathetic - I understand in my case I am trying to sync to Gmail as dont use outlook address but its at that point that it may awell be ignored as email will pop up on various phones and ipads whilst I sit looking at yesterdays email on Windows 10 - you would think forcing a sync would help but no.. just balls rolling along incessantly.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a similar problem with very slow email in Windows 10.  I use yahoo mail and when I type an email I can only get out about two words before I hear a ding sound and then a blue whirling circle.  This stops me from typing while it's saving or syncing to all my other devices' draft folders.  It's a nuisance and I would like to know how to fix it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

my pc just upgrade to win 10few days ago and I compared opening of email such as yahoo, hot, gmail  by web& application almost same

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem after upgraded to Window 10.  My Yahoo email is just keep "running the turning ball" after I type a few characters....  It is crazy.  It makes me angry .... I have to write my email on Word and cut and paste to Yahoo email.  Microsoft should fix this CRAZY slow bug for window 10.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem after upgraded to Window 10.  My Yahoo email is just keep "running the turning ball" after I type a few characters....  It is crazy.  It makes me angry .... I have to write my email on Word and cut and paste to Yahoo email.  Microsoft should fix this CRAZY slow bug for window 10.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that this can be frustrating but rest assured, we are here to help you and guide you in the right direction,

1. On which device are you syncing your email?
  2. Which email client are you using?
  3. Which email account are you trying to sync?

Hope this helps.  Get back to us with the results if you have further issues. We are happy to help.

A. User,

I am using the Windows 10 native Email client, Windows Defender for AV, native Windows Firewall.  When I synch my Gmail account it crawls along for many minutes before it updates new Email.  This indicates some issue with the Email client.  I looked at the Windows Firewall settings and nothing as you describe is found.

I have a second account with my firm's Email using Exchange.  Don't have the issues there.  Maybe Google isn't playing nice!!

D Martin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's been almost a month and I still can't use the native Windows 10 email. It's painfully slow to sync and often ignores (doesn't download) attachments. I have embarrassed myself more than once by telling people there was no attachment to their email, only to find that there actually was an attachment when I go directly to Gmail or Yahoo! mail.  For this reason I am now using these email accounts directly.

You would think making the native Windows 10 email work would be a high priority for Microsoft, so I am baffled why this still remains an issue.  Does anyone from Microsoft really read these forums?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 17,792 Applies to: