Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I need to change a settings in the power management tab which is now missing.

How do I turn this tab back on?

My wifi card is MediaTek Wi-Fi MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

version 3.0.1.1294

This happened after the driver was updated to this version the previous version was working fine,

I have tried uninstalling it and updating it multiple times and even downloading different versions from different manufactures

I have a Asus Tuf A15 Model: FA506ICB

It works fine for some time then randomly the wifi turns off and disappears from the setting and in the device manager the Wifi adapter is in hidden devices showing that the card is not connected to the hardware but I have confirmed that its not a hardware issue its a windows problem.

Answer
Answer

Newer computers support modern standby and the OS (Windows 10, 11, etc.) will enable it when present and supported in computer firmware. The Power management under network adapters is no longer present when your computer is running in modern standby mode (S0 sleep mode) because it no longer applies in that mode for those particular devices. You would have to force your OS to run in legacy standby (S3 sleep mode) for the option to reappear for network adapters. Your current network adapter and its drivers and/or firmware may simply have issues with modern standby or it may even be defective. This leaves two solutions. Either obtain a replacement adapter/driver that functions properly in modern standby or force your computer to function in legacy standby mode. Upon restart the power management tab for network devices will reappear.

Execute the following reg commands from an elevated command prompt to modify OS behavior:

Disable Modern Standby (Forcing legacy standby S3)

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Revert to Modern Standby (S0 Low Power idle)

reg delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power" /v PlatformAoAcOverride /f

For more information on this topic: Modern Standby vs S3

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 12,219 Applies to: