Why is the Battery Time Remaining Not Showing Up

Whenever I hover over the battery icon, it only shows the battery percentage remaining, it doesn't also show the battery time remaining. When I click on the battery icon, it still doesn't show the battery time remaining. I even clicked on the battery settings, but it didn't show the battery time remaining. Why is this Happening? [I have an HP Laptop 15]

Hi Aun,

Let's find options on how we can fix your battery remaining time concern. I'll need additional information in order to further isolate your concern. Please answer the following:

1. When did it start to happen?
  2. Are you getting the same issue on a different user profile?
  3. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? 
  4. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, try the following suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Enable Battery Remaining Time in BIOS.

You need to contact your device manufacturer for the assistance on how to access and modify your BIOS settings. 

In your BIOS settings, you will see Battery Remaining Time under System Configuration. Enable it and then save and exit BIOS to take effect. 

Suggestion 2: Download and install and the latest device driver. Go to your device manufacturer's support webpage to check if there are available driver update for your device.

Suggestion 3: Install all the sugested cumulative and security updates. Bugs from previous build can be fixed by installing updates.

Suggestion 4: Some laptops will only show time remaining when charger is not connected. Check if charger is connected.

Keep us posted.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. I don't know when this started happening, because this is the first time, I've "checked" the battery time remaining in a while.

2. Yes, this is happening on all of them.

3. (1.) Version 1803

(2.) Build 17134.228

(3.) 64-bit operating system

4. The only changes I've made were updating my hard drive, graphic card drive, hardware, wireless button, etc.

Regards,

Aun A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay, Aun. I just want to ask, have tried checking your BIOS settings if Battery Remaining Time is enabled? I've found a similar issue on HP forum. Here is the link. If you already tried that, then we encourage you to submit your issue using Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoringwhen you’re done.
5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay, Aun. I just want to ask, have tried checking your BIOS settings if Battery Remaining Time is enabled? I've found a similar issue on HP forum. Here is the link. If you already tried that, then we encourage you to submit your issue using Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoringwhen you’re done.
5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Thank You for Replying Mr. Mar,

I don't know how to check my Bios Settings on my HP Laptop 15. When I reset and the logo screen shows, I tried pressing F1 repeatedly a couple times, F2 repeatedly a couple times, F10 repeatedly a couple times, and Escape repeatedly a couple times, but nothing happens. The screen just turns black and then goes to the Starting screen.

Regards,

Aun A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There might be a special key or a key combination in order for you to access your device BIOS settings. I suggest contacting the HP support team for further assistance. They might help you as well in updating your firmware version to the latest version to address hardware compatibility issues just in case that one you are using is already outdated.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 9,391 Applies to: