Why is my Windows 10 Mail not updating properly?

My Windows 10 Mail has 2 email addresses which neither are receiving new emails (updating) properly. I have to hit the "refresh" key a couple of times to generate new emails. My android cell phone is receiving all my emails beforehand. In addition, Windows 10 Mail is not syncing with my cell phone. Please help me to fix this problem.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below queries to assist you better on this.

1. Are you using mail app in your PC or in your Cell Phone?

2. If you are using in phone, which is the build installed?

Please revert back with your answers.

Thank You.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using Microsoft’s Mail App on my PC for two of my email addresses as a result of upgrading to Windows 10.

On my cell, I am using the Email App and the Gmail App.

Before the upgrade to Windows 10, I was using Internet Explorer as my browser where I used Yahoo and Google to get my mail that sync with my cell phone. I  received my incoming mail much faster and at the same time I receive my mail on my cell phone to both my email addresses.

Now, since upgrading to Windows 10 and using Microsoft's Mail App my emails are not coming in as fast as my cell phone plus I have to refresh several times to catch up with my Cell phone. Internet Explorer is much faster and I never had problems with syncing with my cell. There has to be something wrong with Microsoft’s Mail App..

Please let me know if there is a way to fix my problem with the Mail App on my PC.

352 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Carole,

I just want to let you know that you are not alone. Lots of people are having Mail App problems on their PC's.

Microsoft will eventually release an update to fix the problems. Meanwhile the Microsoft employees will pretend that only you have this problem. They will tell you to do this and that and the other. ( just wasting your time ).

I have been active on these and other forums. Some people are trying to uninstall the Microsoft Mail App because they have given up on repairing the Mail App.

So I would like to try to do something useful (because I can read what you wrote).

How would you like to have Internet Explorer back as your Default Browser? At least until Microsoft fixes the Mail App and maybe longer.   When I use this symbol  >  it means click on the next item.

To the first image (posted below) press the Windows Key and Click on SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DEFAULT APPS  (then scroll to the bottom right side) > SET DEFAULTS BY APP

Now you should be taken to the second image (posted below). Notice the three RED ARROWS and one GREEN ARROW I inserted.

Click on INTERNET EXPLORER > SET THIS PROGRAM AS DEFAULT > OK   (all red arrows)

Now I want to tell you how to get the little Internet Explorer icon on your taskbar. (green arrow)

You need to click on a link (like one in an email) because Internet Explorer is your DEFAULT browser, Internet Explorer will open to connect to the link webpage. When it does notice an I.E. ICON will appear on your taskbar.

Right Click on the ICON and Click "Pin this Program to the Taskbar". This makes it easy to open when you want to.

I hope I have been helpful, don't hesitate to reply.

Type Restore Point (in the search box) & add a new point BEFORE making ANY CHANGES to your COMPUTER.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Carole,

I hope this is not to complex a procedure.

Read the first link in my reply.

This process fixed several issues on my computer including Mail App issues.

*****************************************************************************************

New repair process for Windows 10 PC Mail App problems.

After my Original Upgrade to Windows 10, I had problems found by 
SFC /SCANNOW that could not be repaired by SFC or DISM. Now my SFC scans are CLEAN.

Use this ISO file repair install, link to the process. (Keep your files and Apps)
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

After the process I did the following.  I checked for and installed Windows Updates.

I had to right click on my clock (bottom right of Desktop) and change it to the correct time zone.

I also had to open my Mail App and for each email account I opened SETTINGS then OPTIONS and CHECKED the BANNERS and SOUNDS boxes (they were unchecked).

Now my EMAIL notifications are working perfectly. 

The ISO file repair install could be the solution to the EMAIL NOTIFICATION problems. 

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU.  

Perhaps I should have Uninstalled MBAM before doing the Windows 10 Repair Install. I left Windows Defender running with no problems. The Windows 10 Repair Install clearly states remove any third party Anti-Virus program before running the procedure.
Link to MBAM clean uninstall and reinstall process.
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/146017-mbam-clean-removal-process-2x/

Don't forget to check for updates, reset your time zone and go to Mail App settings > options and check banners and sounds when you are finished. Doing a Restart would also be a good idea after everything else. 

If you have success with this process please post a reply to let others know.

Type Restore Point (in the search box) & add a new point BEFORE making ANY CHANGES to your COMPUTER.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm updating to Windows 10 and my email has been saying "Still working on it" for over an hour. I can't get into my email.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The process for changing the default app was helpful in getting Internet Exployer access but it does not help in syncing to my email to get it to update properly.  Don't see this I.E. ICON.    I have Internet Exployer pinned to my task bar but how is the MAIL app synced?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Pinning the IE icon to the taskbar is the best solution I have been able to find.

You can also click on Start button (lower left corner) then All Apps > Windows Accessories (click on the downward arrow) then right click on Internet Explorer and "pin to start". Doing this will add the IE icon to your Start Screen but not to your Desktop display.

Syncing the Mail App continues to be a problem. I have found a solution that makes my Mail Notifications very, very reliable. 

It is pretty simple, open your mail app then pin the mail app icon to your taskbar. Then just REDUCE your mail app to the taskbar. My computer shows open app on my taskbar with an UNDERLINE highlight. Give it a try it works for me.

If you turn off your computer everyday, then when you restart it open the mail app by clicking on the taskbar icon. Then reduce it by clicking on the "-" minus symbol. So simply my MAIL APP is ALWAYS OPEN, it is either reduced to a tasbar icon or open full size.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure what you mean by "build" in your question.  But my phone and laptop are Samsung.   My email app on my phone is updating as it should.   My PC has not updated for five days.  Never had the problem before Windows 10.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for this information Dave, tired of fighting Windows 10 :-)   My mail works a lot better now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joseph,

I am glad to hear it helps you. I have posted this solution on other threads and everyone seems to like the results.

Except one person that did not want the Mail App open. I can't please everyone.

This is such a simple solution that I wish Microsoft could use it as the basis for an update.

Microsoft should be smart enough to understand what is the difference between having the App open instead of having the App closed.

You would think that someone from Microsoft would have noticed this solution and understand the implications.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2023 Views 33,484 Applies to: